It’s that special time of year again and we are doggone giddy about it! The holidays simply smell exciting, and are full of so much love and joy. Unsure what to get your dog this year for the holidays?
We’ve got you covered with organic dog treat recipes AND 30% off Natural Dog products. Meaning you can enjoy big savings while your dog enjoys homemade treats, a super smooth nose, and soft, healthy paws—now that’s a PAWSOME holiday!
There are few things dogs love more than food, meaning homemade organic dog treats make the perfect present for dogs big and small. But when buying dog treats at the store, how do you know if they are actually good for your best furry friend?
Many commercial dog treats, even the ones that say they are healthy, are loaded with meat byproducts, fillers, and other unsuitable ingredients that can make your dog feel less than their best.
Carefully reading ingredients can help filter out the worst of the worst, but it’s not easy to find food for pets that actually contain no fillers or nasty byproducts. Not to mention, the best, all-natural treats made in safe factories with carefully sourced ingredients are often too pricey to fathom purchasing. Making your own dog treats at home is a great way to ensure your dog gets delicious, healthy treats made with love.
Show your dog how much you love them this holiday season. Here are 2 great organic dog treat recipes, one sweat and one meaty!
Pup’s Favorite Peanut Butter Cookies
Ingredients you will need:
2 cups flour (you will want to purchase white flour if your dog is allergic to wheat.)
1 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup peanut butter (smooth and organic, many commercial brands include hydrogenated oils and other unhealthy additives that are not good for you or your dog)
1 tbsp. honey
½ tbsp. fish oil
1 ½ cups water
- Set the oven to heat at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a large mixing bowl to combine the flour and rolled oats.
- Add one-cup water to flour and oats, blend until smooth.
- Next, add the honey, peanut butter, and fish oil to the mixing bowl and stir until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Add the remaining ½-cup of water and mix until batter has a doughy consistency.
- Roll out dough onto a floured surface until it is ¼ inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to make whatever fun shapes you desire!
- Place cookies onto a baking sheet and allow the cookies to bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool all the way before feeding.
Beef and Vegetable Bark Balls
For all dogs out there that prefer meaty treats as opposed to sweet treats, these beef and vegetable balls will really hit the spot.
Ingredients you will need:
-6-ounce jar of organic beef (x2)
-Vegetable baby food
-1 cup whole-wheat flour
-2 cups dry milk
-1 cup water
- Set the over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix organic beef, vegetable baby food, 2 cups dry milk, and 1 cup water in a large mixing bowl.
- Spoon out the mixture into large balls and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow treats to completely cool before feeding to your dog.
You can store these treats in your fridge for up to 5-days. If you only have one dog you may want to cut this recipe in half.
Looking to get your dog a little something more for the Holidays?
If your dog has dry, rough paw pads or a crusty, dry nose, they need help ASAP! Our all-natural dog products restore dog paws and dog noses so they are smooth and healthy in as little as a few days. Now is the time to buy, as we are offering 30% of all Natural Dog products now through December 31st. Simply use the discount code SANTAPAWS at checkout.