French bulldogs are SO stinking cute—at the very sight of one I drop to the ground and squeal. Those wiggly round bodies and uniquely adorable faces, made even cuter by their wrinkles… until their wrinkles start to stink. If you think about it, wrinkles are kind of like caves—or rather, a shelter for the microscopic world of bacteria all around us. Every time your dog eats, drinks or sweats, food, moisture, and debris fill the “cave” and bacteria feast. Without regular cleaning, it’s easy to see how French bulldog wrinkles are so prone to infection and irritation.
How many times a day should you wash French bulldog wrinkles?
The first step to preventing stinky or infected wrinkles is to wash and dry them often. Not washing French bulldog wrinkles puts dogs at risk of real health problems, and discomfort too.
Most veterinarians agree you should clean out your dog’s wrinkles at least once a day. Exact frequency depends on your dog, for instance if your dog is a messy eater or slurps water, they may need their face and wrinkles cleaned more often.
Some of the best times to clean your dog’s wrinkles:
- After eating a meal
- When your dog comes in from a walk or playing outside, or whenever they’ve had their face in the dirt
- Before your dog goes to bed at night
How to clean your dog’s wrinkles
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Use a clean moist washcloth to remove dirt and debris between wrinkles. Pay close attention to each wrinkle, especially deep ones.
- Gently run back through using a clean, soft and dry towel to remove any lingering moisture.
- Apply a soothing wrinkle cream for dogs to help reduce discomfort and promote healing.
The Ultimate French Bulldog Face Cream: Wrinkle Balm
Wrinkle Balm was invented in honor of all our wrinkly friends—from French Bulldogs to English mastiffs, bloodhounds, and pugs too. Wrinkle Balm is packed with all-natural organic and vegan ingredients, carefully selected for their healing, soothing, and protective powers. Wrinkle Balm can be used to treat everything from skin fold dermatitis, to yeast and bacterial infections, along with redness, inflammation, stinky odor, interdigital cysts, hair loss, and more.
100% Risk Free | Money Back Guarantee