There are so many reasons a dog rash can appear on your pup’s delicate skin, and allergies are one of the most common reasons why. Interestingly, according to VPI Pet Insurance, skin conditions such as dog rashes are the number one reason dogs visit the vet, with the average visit costing $183.
While allergies are a common culprit of dog skin rashes, there are many other potential causes including dry skin, yeast infection, mange, dandruff, hot spots, infections, ticks, or fleas. Almost all skin conditions result in lots of licking, chewing and itching, which only makes the problem worse.
How to Find the Cause of Your Dog’s Rash
The first step to helping your dog find relief is to diagnose the cause of the rash, so how do you do that?
- Check your dog’s rash carefully, looking for signs of fleas, bite marks, etc. Inspecting the site may provide clues to what’s irritating your dog’s skin.
- Next, compare the symptoms of the dog rash with common symptoms of skin ailments. Here’s a great blog that provides the most common symptoms of potential skin conditions.
- At what age and time of year did symptoms originate? Did you change your dog’s food or do something out of the ordinary before the dog rash appeared? The answers to these questions can help you determine the cause. These are all things your vet will want to know as well.
One All-Natural Product Relieves Most Dog Rashes
Dogs love to scratch, lick and chew at rashes, which can lead to hair loss, infection, and additional irritation. The best thing you can do is provide some relief to your dog to help reduce licking, chewing and scratching. Even if you’re not 100% sure what’s causing your dog’s rash, there is one product that can help heal and prevent dog rashes caused by everything from allergies to yeast infections.
Skin Soother offers a vegan, organic and all-natural solution to irritated skin by providing instant relief. Not only does the easy to apply balm sooth irritated skin, it also simultaneously goes to work fighting bacteria, yeast, and fungus. Skin Soother has even helped dogs find relief from bacterial skin issues such as atopic dermatitis, bacterial folliculitis, acral lick dermatitis, allergic dermatitis, seborrhea and some types of alopecia.
While it’s still important to find the cause of your dog’s skin rash, Skin Soother combats a wide variety of issues that can cause a rash to develop, including:
- Acne and other skin irritations
- Dry skin
- Hot spots, yeast and fungal infections
- Bacterial infections
- Irritated bug bites
- + so much more!
Even if your dog continues to lick the area after you apply Skin Soother, you can rest assured it’s 100% safe for your dog to consume. Plus, it provides a barrier of protection to reduce the negative side effects of licking and chewing. Within a few applications, you should notice your dog’s skin improving. If Skin Soother does not work, we offer a 100% money back guarantee—that’s how confident we are in this pawesome product. Witness the power of Skin Soother firsthand, your dog is sure to thank you!